Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Penny bun and sausage pasta
This pasta dish is really wholesome and highlights the nutty flavours associated with the penny bun and other edible boletus mushrooms, ultimately any wild edible mushroom can be chucked in to the mix. It’s actually fairly quick and easy to knock up and is a real crowd pleaser.
What you’ll need (to serve 2):
- 4 good quality pork and apple sausage, chopped in to 3cm chunks
- 300g penny bun, other boletus fungi, or whatever wild fungi you have, roughly chopped
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- 100ml single cream
- Cooked pasta – enough to serve 2
- Heat a pan to high heat with a little oil and fry off the sausage for 3 minutes until lightly brown
- Add the onions and mushroom and continue cooking on a medium heat for 10 minutes
- Add the garlic, mixed herbs, cream and cooked pasta and cook for a further 2 minutes, mixing and tossing thoroughly until everything is covered with sauce.
- Enjoy with chunky buttered bread and a grating of parmesan cheese.
Book a Course
Join us on one of our deeply engaging wild food foraging and cookery experiences. The easiest way to develop your foraging and wild food cookery skills is to join a true professional out in the wild. Perfect for chefs, individuals, families and groups, either join us on one of our pre-arranged walks or enquire about a private event.
A Growing set of high quality printed guides to foraging and wild food cooking, to allow you to continue developing your foraging skills at your own pace in your own time.