Nettle Pasta Recipe
Nettle Leaf Pasta
Nettle pasta has an amazing green marbled look and packs all of the health benefits, vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are in fresh nettle tops. It can add another great wild element to your dish and what better base to have to a dish than fresh nettle leaf pasta.
Ingredients: Per person
- 100g ‘00’ Flour
- 1 egg
- 5 nettle tops
- Chop the nettle tops and mush in a pestle and mortar, straining away the juice (or chop very finely)
- Put the flour in a big bowl, add the nettles and mix, then make a well in the centre
- Put the whole egg in the centre
- Mix the whole lot until you end up with a nice dough (not sticking to your hands, add more flour if it is really sticky)
- Knead the dough vigorously on a hard secure surface for 5-10minutes (it should be elastic and hold its shape well)
- Place the dough in cling film and leave to rest for 1 hr in the fridge
- Pass through your pasta roller or roll out very finely using a rolling pin using extra flour to coat the dough and surfaces, cut however thick you’d like your pasta
- Place in boiling water to cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked (test by removing a little and tasting, it should be elastic and have a little bite)
Enjoy with wild garlic pesto or in whatever you usually use pasta for
Book a Course
Join us on one of our deeply engaging wild food foraging and cookery experiences. The easiest way to develop your foraging and wild food cookery skills is to join a true professional out in the wild. Perfect for chefs, individuals, families and groups, either join us on one of our pre-arranged walks or enquire about a private event.
A Growing set of high quality printed guides to foraging and wild food cooking, to allow you to continue developing your foraging skills at your own pace in your own time.