Nettle and Pear Smoothie
Nettle and Pear Smoothie Recipe
Nettle Leaf and Pear Smoothie
I got the idea to make this smoothie after seeing a lot of pear and spinach smoothies around in health food cafes. I thought “well that has to also be good with nettles instead of spinach” and I was right. This is a hearty smoothie, perfect for enjoying cooled on a summers day or to keep away that mid-morning hunger – either way it’s truly delicious.
Ingredients: per person
- 1 pear, chopped with the middle removed
- 5 nettle tops, washed (or spinach)
- 200ml hazelnut milk (or regular milk)
- 2 ice cubes
- Chuck the whole lot in to a blender or smoothie machine and blend until nice and smooth.
- Enjoy chilled
- It’s also works well as a winter smoothie without the ice and with half a thumb of ginger instead.
Book a Course
Join us on one of our deeply engaging wild food foraging and cookery experiences. The easiest way to develop your foraging and wild food cookery skills is to join a true professional out in the wild. Perfect for chefs, individuals, families and groups, either join us on one of our pre-arranged walks or enquire about a private event.
A Growing set of high quality printed guides to foraging and wild food cooking, to allow you to continue developing your foraging skills at your own pace in your own time.