Nettle Soup Recipe
Classic Nettle Soup
This is a classic soup, bringing a lot of nutrients and minerals that the body is craving after those cold winter months. The base of this soup is a leek and potato with nettle leaves added in late with the leeks, to keep the nutrient boost and the vibrant green colour.
- Half a bag of nettles, washed (about 200g)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, skinned and diced
- A handful of wild garlic stalks (50g) finely chopped, (or two garlic cloves)
- 2 Leeks, chopped
- Two Celery Sticks, chopped
. One and a half litres vegetable
. A little single cream
- Boil the potatoes and celery for 10 mins in the vegetable stock.
- Fry off the onions, leeks, wild garlic stalks and the nettles for 2 mins.
- Mix the two together and put in a blender, blend until smooth
- Add a swirl of cream in your serving bowl before eating, along with salt and pepper
- Why not add some fried nettle crisps to go on your soup?
Book a Course
Join us on one of our deeply engaging wild food foraging and cookery experiences. The easiest way to develop your foraging and wild food cookery skills is to join a true professional out in the wild. Perfect for chefs, individuals, families and groups, either join us on one of our pre-arranged walks or enquire about a private event.
A Growing set of high quality printed guides to foraging and wild food cooking, to allow you to continue developing your foraging skills at your own pace in your own time.