The Foragers’ Cookbook offers a unique insight into the huge abundance and massive potential uses for the plants we walk past on a daily basis. This book will give you the confidence and guidance to explore your surrounding green spaces and safely pick the abundance of wild edible plants found growing all around us. After harvesting these plants the book then offers you a range of tried and tested recipes for creating truly delicious wild food-inspired meals, preserves, syrups, pickles, jams, salt ferments and chutneys within your own home.
Discover the hidden world of wild edible plants with The Foragers Cookbook. This exceptional book unlocks the vast potential found in the plants that surround us every day. With its comprehensive guide, you’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to explore your local green spaces and forage for a variety of delicious and nutritious ingredients.
The Foragers Cookbook is the ultimate resource for those curious about the art of foraging. Packed with invaluable tips and insights, this book will transform your walks into exciting culinary adventures. From urban parks to peaceful forests, you’ll learn to identify a wide range of wild edible plants and harness their flavors in your cooking.
Written with clarity and expertise, The Foragers Cookbook is suitable for both beginners and experienced foragers. It covers a diverse selection of wild food, including edible flowers, greens, berries, and more. Each plant is accompanied by detailed descriptions, clear photographs, and helpful instructions on how to properly harvest and prepare them.
Unlock the potential of your surroundings as you explore new tastes and textures. The Foragers Cookbook encourages sustainable practices by teaching readers how to gather plants responsibly, ensuring their continued growth for future generations. By incorporating wild ingredients into your meals, you’ll not only experience unique flavors but also contribute to a more sustainable food culture.
Whether you’re an adventurous home cook or a seasoned food enthusiast, The Foragers Cookbook will inspire you to embrace nature’s bounty. Let this remarkable guide enhance your culinary journey as you uncover the remarkable world of wild food. Order your copy today and start exploring the abundance that awaits just beyond your doorstep.
– Detailed Identification guides to our best common edible plants – there is so much edible wild food out there and we’ve selected our absolute favourite species, we’ve selected these on; ease of identification, best flavour & easiest to incorporate into a plethora of recipes.
– 65 Wild Food Recipes – It’s one thing identifying plants and another figuring out how and what to cook with them, so we’ve included practical recipes to make understanding the uses of them as easy as possible.
– Tips and advice from professional forager James Wood – Sometimes a quick tip can make all of the difference, so we’ve included the tips we’ve gathered over the past 12 years of foraging.
– A huge list of edible uses for each plant – On top of our detailed recipes we include plenty of other cooking ideas for the species we include.
– Information on potential lookalikes of plants you will be foraging – Where there are lookalikes to a species in the book we’ll outline the key differences so you can feel confident you definitely have the right one.
– Full-Colour imagery – Our book has full-colour imagery in order to help as much as possible with identification, when we say ‘this species is green and the toxic lookalike is dark green’ an image of what we mean is invaluable.
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Totally Wild Publishing; Countryside Edition edition (2 Dec. 2016)
Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 1.1 x 21 cm