Sweet Cicely & Marrow Beans
Sweet Cicely and Marrow Fat Bean Recipe
Sweet Cicely, Wild Garlic and Marrow Bean Side Dish
This side dish is nice to enjoy with a fish dish or served straight on to a nice toasted and oiled piece of ciabatta, even simply tossed through some pasta is also nice – lots of ways to use this!
Will make a bowls worth – which will make a good side for 4 people
- 200g bacon – diced
- 4 Wild Garlic Stalks – chopped (or 2 cloves garlic)
- 2 onions – finely chopped
- 500g tin marrowfat peas - drained
- 10g sweet cicely seeds
- 50 ml veg stock
- Put the bacon and onions in a hot pan and cook until golden brown
- Add the stock and boil down until the liquid has almost all gone
- Add the wild garlic and drained marrowfat peas and cook for a further minute
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sweet cicely seeds
- Serve cold or hot
Book a Course
Join us on one of our deeply engaging wild food foraging and cookery experiences. The easiest way to develop your foraging and wild food cookery skills is to join a true professional out in the wild. Perfect for chefs, individuals, families and groups, either join us on one of our pre-arranged walks or enquire about a private event.
A Growing set of high quality printed guides to foraging and wild food cooking, to allow you to continue developing your foraging skills at your own pace in your own time.