This is a really simple recipe that can be done with a range of mushrooms, however, it works really well as a quick pickle for retaining the beautiful colour of the Amethyst Deceiver mushrooms.
Method & Recipe
- Collect some fresh Amethyst Deceivers
- Brush and Quickly wash them – removing any debris and muddy base of the stems
- place the cleaned mushrooms in a bowl and generously spread salt and pepper over the tops – about 1tsp per 100g
- Leave these to sit in the fridge for about 2 hours (the salt will draw out any extra water
- Quickly rinse off the salt and place the deceivers in a jar
- Top up with good quality olive oil
- Keep in the fridge and use within 24 hours
This is brilliant on top of pizza or served as you would olives.