This Rose Hip Gin Recipe is a fantastic way to use up the yearly glut of rosehips, when left in the bottle they also make the most brilliant Christmas gifts.
I often make a massive bottle of this and separate it down into smaller bottles when we come to the Christmas season before deciding on my favourite mixer to present it with.
If you have some rose hips left over why not make this rosehip fruit leather – recipe here.
This year my favourite drink to match this Gin with is Yuzu Booch from Hip POP. Sherberty lemon flavour of stag horn sumac hitting the spicy rosehip is bang on!
- 70cl Gin (any will do)
- 200g rose hips
- 50g ginger (peeled and Sliced)
- Skin of 2 oranges
- find an empty glass bottle and fill it with all of your none gin ingredients.
- Top it up with the gin – shake vigorously (with the lid on of course) and leave to sit for 2 months.
- Pass the entire mix through a sieve, add sugar to taste, I usually add 50g white sugar to this mix.
- Enjoy with your favourite tonic