Nettle and Pear Smoothie Recipe
Nettle Leaf and Pear Smoothie
I got the idea to make this smoothie after seeing a lot of pear and spinach smoothies around in health food cafes. I thought “well that has to also be good with nettles instead of spinach” and I was right. This is a hearty smoothie, perfect for enjoying cooled on a summers day or to keep away that mid-morning hunger – either way it’s truly delicious.
Ingredients: per person
- 1 pear, chopped with the middle removed
- 5 nettle tops, washed (or spinach)
- 200ml hazelnut milk (or regular milk)
- 2 ice cubes
- Chuck the whole lot in to a blender or smoothie machine and blend until nice and smooth.
- Enjoy chilled
- It’s also works well as a winter smoothie without the ice and with half a thumb of ginger instead.