Quince Membrillo Recipe by @susybliving on Instagram
This is a super simple way to use up the Quince fruit. A fragrant fruit, this membrillio is often served up with cheese or cured meats, I think in the UK we’d class this as a firm set fruit cheese.
- 5 Quince Fruits
- Equal Weight of Sugar – 500g approx
- Peel, Core and Chop your 5 quinces and place them in a pan
- Cover with boiling water and simmer until they begin to soften (10 minutes)
- Sieve out the cooked quince and place in a blender and pulse until nice and smooth
- Weigh out the blended quince and then add the same amount of standard white sugar & pop both the quince and sugar back in the pan
- Cook this down for about an hour until it begins to turn a lovely golden colour and thickens (It’s important to keep stirring it so it doesn’t stick or burn)
- Line a tray with cling film and pour in the cooked down quince mixture
- Let it cool on the side until it’s cold enough to touch and then finish the setting in the fridge
- Leave it overnight until it’s fully cooled and nicely set
- Dice it up and enjoy with cheese and cured meats – it will keep for a long time.