The list of health benefits from dandelions is vast, this simple garden weed could be used to aid weight loss & help improve skin.
Read on to learn more….
Dandelions are undoubtedly one of the most prolific plants found growing throughout northern parts of the world. It is seen by most as a weed and something that needs to be gone out of our gardens and parks. However, if we actually knew the vast range of edible potential this plant has and the huge health benefits associated with eating this plant I think we may start to think twice before we reach for our weed killer.
Top 9 Health Benefits of Dandelions
- Can Improve the health of Bones – Dandelions are rich in Calcium and Vitamin C, the first helping to strengthen bones whilst the second helps protect the bones from age-related damage.
- Aids diabetes – Dandelion stimulates the production of insulin, helping to lower blood sugar. On top of that it is also a diuretic, increasing urination and helping to flush out excess sugar from the body.
- Treating the skin – Dandelion juice can be used to help treat skin complaints. This treatment stems from the fact that the sap is highly alkaline and has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties. You should be careful while using this sap and avoid any contact with the eyes. This sap can be used on itches, ringworm, eczema, and other skin conditions
- Weight Loss – Dandelions help increase the flow of urine from the body, helping to remove toxins and fats. Up to 4% of urine be fat so the more you get rid of the better.
- Treatment of Jaundice – Dandelions are uniquely set to help with the treatment of Jaundice as they can tackle the three main combat areas required in treatment.
- Reduce production of bile – dandelions promote liver health and help with regulation of bile
- Remove excess Bile – Diuretic effects of Dandelions allow excess bile to be removed
- Fight Viral infection – Due to the presence of Vitamin C and Luteolin Dandelions are anti-oxidant and disinfectant allowing them to fight Viral infections effectively.
- Constipation – For a leafy green, dandelions are high in fibre and can help bowel movements therefore aiding with constipation
Click below for our guide on: