by Tan Farrel – find him at @mr_farrell for more inspiration
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 leek diced
- 6 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 handfuls of chopped washed wild garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter 50g
- Sweat the onions and leeks in butter until soft no colour.
- Add the potatoes, cover them in the buttery onion mix and stir for about a minute, then cover in water, just covering the vegetables.
- bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are soft
- blitz with food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste, add more water if its too thick. Now add the chopped wild garlic and blitz again, check seasoning and serve immediately.
Great with wild garlic bread and butter or any warm bread.
Makes about 6 bowls, we picked the garlic on the friday, made the soup on the saturday and had the leftovers on the monday, colour and taste were the same.