Here we’re Cooking up a Sea Beet Saag Alloo, but You can use a vast range of wild greens instead of spinach in Saag Aloo, however my favourite by far is Sea Beet Saag Aloo – the beet bring a nice salty spinach flavour to the dish and lightens up the spicy potatoes perfectly. Enjoy as a side dish to any great curry or add some diced chicken or lamb to use this as a main in its own right.
- 500g chopped potatoes – 2cm cubes – par boiled for 10mins
- 250g Sea Beet, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp hogweed seeds ground
- ¼ tsp fine chilli flakes
- 1tsp coconut oil
Method for making our Sea Beet Saag Alloo:
- In a wide frying pan heat the coconut oil to a high temperature and add the cumin seeds for 30 seconds until their fragrant aroma is released.
- Chuck in the par boiled potatoes and further spices and fry for 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are starting to crisp nicely
- Throw in the Sea beet stir for 30 seconds and turn of the heat
- Serve straight away and enjoy.