by Tan Farrel – find him at @mr_farrell for more inspiration
To make 1 loaf
- 500g strong bread flour (white or brown you choose)
- 7g dried yeast
- 10g salt
- 10g sugar
- 320g warm water
- 20g oil
- Couple of handfuls of washed, finely chopped wild garlic
- Turn the oven on to 220,
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients and mix into a dough
- knead for 10 minutes on floured work surface
- stretch the sough almost like a pizza, add some chopped wild garlic, fold the dough over on its self, repeat till all the garlic is used.
- Knead again, and form the dough into a loaf shape.
- Place on a floured tray and place in the oven
- 15 minutes on 220 and then 15 minutes on 180, if the bread colours too much cover with tin foil. The bread should make a hollow noise when you hit the bottom. If it needs longer, leave it in.
Once ready place on a wire rack and leave to cool. Serve with butter.