I wouldn’t advise making a big batch of this because it’s so delicious that you will most likely eat the whole lot up in just days.
It’s quick and easy to whip up and hoes down a treat as a starter or a big part of any picnic.
- 2 smoked mackerel kippers
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- 50g wild garlic
- plenty of salt and pepper
- Some nice bagels – there’s a nice recipe here
- In a food processor blend up the Mascarpone Cheese with the wild garlic
- Peel the skin off the smoked mackerel skippers and chop the up really finely (but don’t blend – it’s really tasty when the mackerel is more chunky)
- Mix the wild garlic mascarpone with the chopped slippers and season really well with salt and pepper.
- Keep in a tub in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Toast your bagels, top with the pate, season again and enjoy